Hope you’re keeping well, despite all the doom and gloom here in Tier 4!
Firstly, a big thank you to everyone that has supported Waggle Duff. From starting a twitter page in October 2020 with an idea to play a game with friends, we have had 50 unique players, 7 different winners and a whole lot of banter on Twitter!
Next year I really want to improve the game, therefore I have made 3 new rule changes. This was done by speaking to a few Waggle Duff regulars and introducing some new rules that I believe will enhance the game.
- Your first picked player, will now be your captain, this player will score double points
- You must now pick 2 players that are outside of 50/1 (as per SkyBet odds)
- If 4 of your 5 players make the cut, you will score a bonus 20 points
The annual leaderboard will be replaced with seasons, there will be prizes for end of each season winner. Watch this space!
- Season 1: Ending with The PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP (PGA Tour) |14th March 2021
- Season 2: Ending with The US OPEN (MAJOR) | 20th June 2021
- Season 3: Ending with THE BMW PGA CHAMPIONSHIP (European Tour ) | 12th September 2020
- RYDER CUP SPECIAL WAGGLE DUFF EVENT | 24th – 26th September 2021
- Season 4: Ending with The DP WORLD TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP (European Tour)
You may have noticed this month some changes to the Waggle Duff website, the domain is now www.waggleduff.com and there are some new menu options on the top bar, with the Fantasy menu on the right hand side (bottom of page if on tablet or mobile device).
I want to offer more value to WAGGLE DUFF players, therefore a new Waggle Duff Podcast will be launched in January with PGA professional FREDDIE MEIKLE (@holesalegolf). The podcast will cover the WAGGLE DUFF events but cover many other golfing topics! If there is anything technical you would like Freddie to cover in the podcast, please message us on Twitter here or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This could be clubs, balls, swings – anything!
Also, WAGGLE DUFF will be teaming up with PGA Tour Tipster Mark Diana (@GolfBets101), who will be bringing you previews and tips ahead of PGA Tour WAGGLE DUFF events. Mark is a finance student and offers a data driven approach to the Golfing markets. I am sure he will dip in and out of the WAGGLE POD also!
I personally am really excited about these 2 announcements and more information about this to come.
I will finally be looking actively for sponsors or brands in the GOLF WORLD who may wish to use WAGGLE DUFF to market their products, through prizes within the game. By Sponsor, I mean donate a prize for a Waggle Duff event or Waggle Duff Major, if this would be of interest please email email@example.com
Any questions Tweet me or email me.
Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year!